Firearms Department

We are not just a pawn shop, we are also an authorized dealer of new and used firearms. Our firearms experts will help answer your questions, and find just the right firearm for your needs. If you’re a first-time buyer or an avid collector, we have just what you’re looking for.

Firearms in California can be tricky. We are here to walk you through every step of the process.

Firearm Safety Certificate:

The Firearm Safety Certificate is one of the first steps in purchasing a firearm in California. This will require a 30 question multiple choice test that is taken right here in our shop. If you pass the test, it will be $25. It is free of charge if you don’t pass the test, you can retake the test every 24 hours. Once you have passed the test, you will be issued your firearm safety card, which is good for 5 years.

Links to the study guide:



Private Party Firearm Transfers

(for example: buying a gun from a friend)

$10 Transfer fee + $37.19 background check + $6 California approved lock.

Dealer Transfers

(for example: order a firearm online from another dealer and use us as your FFL dealer for registering your gun in California)


$80-$100 depending on the firearm Transfer fee + $37.19 background check + $6 California approved lock.

California State tax will be charged on the total amount due if the firearm is being shipped from outside of California.

Handguns that are shipped to us must be on the roster of handguns certified for sale in California.
To search for a make and model on the roster, please visit the link below.

(if it is not on the list, DO NOT have it shipped to us)

Ammo Transfers

(for example: buy ammo online, and have it shipped to us)

$20 Transfer fee up to $400 on the invoice, over $400 will be 5% of the invoice.

$1-quick background check (if you have a firearm registered to your name and address)

$19-extensive 10day background check (if you don’t have a firearm registered to your name and address)

List of required documents

List of required documents for purchasing and transferring firearms are as follows:

  1. California REAL ID or REAL Drivers License with current address (not P.O. box)
  2. Firearm Safety Card -(you can get this at our shop)
  3. Vehicle registration with current physical home address. (not P.O. box)

If you don’t have the California REAL ID, you will need a birth certificate, or a current U.S. passport.

If you have questions please feel free to contact us, or refer to the link below.

To contact the Department of Justice Firearms Bureau